Believe it or not, it is absolutely normal to have the Wedding Jitters, nearly all brides as well as their grooms have and show the signs of the wedding jitters. Basically, it is just being nervous or over stressed about certain issues or even something particular that has to do with planning the wedding. Stress or being overwhelmed by wedding issues is really all a part of getting married and there are just as many reasons for having the wedding jitters as there are brides and grooms. However, most of the time a bride will become stressed concerning the emotional aspects of wedding planning, while it is common for the bridegroom to become stressed about the finances of wedding planning. In addition, there will always be at least one friend or family member who knows the right buttons to push to get a rise out of the bride or the groom, even if only in jest at just the wrong time. These and many issues are known for causing stress, even in normal everyday life and it seems even more magnified while preparing for such a special occasion as a marriage. So what is a betrothed couple to do at times when they are stress and feeling the wedding jitters?
1. First, you need to realize that it is quite normal to feel the way you feel while experiencing the wedding jitters as well as knowing that you are not alone but in the good company of many brides and grooms while planning a wedding.
2. Then, you need to know to expect that there will be stress or feelings of being overwhelmed at this time. While planning a wedding there are many decisions that need to be made as well as the details pertaining to those decisions. Moreover, there are usually many others who are interested in helping and sharing their opinions and ideas about your wedding, and this may cause stress by the influence of others. As a couple the bride and groom should be aware of the problems that may come along and provide a united front for each other by deciding how to avoid reacting to certain circumstances as well as which issues need a response.
3. You should also try to set your expectations in reality, and realize there is no way that you will be able to please everyone, therefore, it is truly best to please yourself while making your wedding plans.
4. You should also take time to delegate any wedding activity in helping to plan your wedding to those people who do truly want to aid you in your wedding planning. By delegating, the issues that need your attention to someone who is trustworthy in seeing things through, this will take some stress off of you and will also build special memories for you as well as those that come to your aid at this special time.
5. Remember that even though planning a wedding is a very important agenda, sometimes you will need to take a break from all the busy and stressful issues that come with the territory and you should make and take the time to relax. Maybe take in a movie as a couple, or a walk. Just anything that gives you time together just the two of you, or even a little personal time might be in order for you to relax, to ease the feelings of wedding jitters.